Funeral & Burial Benefits

A military discharge form, such as a DD-214, General Discharge, or a "Report of Separation from the Armed Services" is required to apply for any and all benefits. The discharge can be Wartime or Peacetime issued under conditions other than dishonorable.

If you have a military discharge, we strongly advise that you keep it in a convenient location, we will also be happy to keep a copy of it on file at the funeral home. 

If a military discharge is not available, we may be able to help you receive one, however, it can be a lengthy process.

If a copy of the discharge was registered with the Allegheny County Recorded of Deeds, please contact them directly at:

Department of Real Estate

101 County Office Bldg.

 Pittsburgh, PA 15219

Tel: 412-350-4226 / Fax: 412-350-3787

Discharge forms may also be retrieved from the National Archives. You may click here to be redirected to the National Archives "Request Military Service Records" page. 

You may also complete and submit the below form. Instructions are found on the application.

Request for Military Records (Standard Form 180)

Click on the graphic on the left to download the file.

Helpful Links and Information

Military discharges, replacement medals or awards may be available from the:

National Personnel Records Center

Allegheny County Department of Veteran Services


U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs


National Cemetery Administration

National Cemetery of the Alleghenies

1158 Morgan Road

Bridgeville, PA 15017


Military Personnel Records Center

(Lost Records) 314-263-2800

Please contact us at SWG if you need help in applying for any and all of the listed benefits. 412-462-2288

In this section

Funeral & Burial Benefits

Military Funeral Honors


Burial Flags

© 2024 Savolskis - Wasik - Glenn Funeral Home, Inc.. All Rights Reserved. Funeral Home website by CFS & TA | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Accessibility